I don't have any cute children, a cute house, a cute husband, the ability to cook/bake cute food or time for any cute hobbies in my life. Because of this it has taken me a little while to realize blogs don't have to be cute and there is potential value in blogging for me and hopefully for those of you reading. If you are looking to add more cute blogs to your life then please visit any of the one's listed on the right (sorry Thom, didn't mean to call your blog cute but you do have pictures/videos of your cute nieces and some of the baseball players you write about are cute).

Here are the non-cute reasons to blog that I have come up with so far:
1) I have a slew of friends and family who I care about and would like to share some of my life lessons and adventures with and with the busy schedule that I keep I just can't seem to visit, call, email everyone all the time.
2) Living and working in the Manhattan affords me many "I can't believe" experiences, such as I can't believe I just saw that, heard that, learned that, did that, ate that, etc. I should record these experiences more often and let's be honest my typical journal entry spans a minimum of 4 months so hopefully this new medium will help me to capture more of
my life rather then a general overview and update on occasion.
3) I work in advertising/marcomm and social marketing (word of mouth, blogs, networking sites) is the new sliced bread so it would be advantageous of me to at least have a blog.
4) My grandmother Honey recently requested that I start a blog so she could find out what I am up to on a regular basis. Let's be honest if my grandmother is hip enough to know about and read blogs on a regular basis then it is high time for me to get with it and fulfill her request.
With that being said, the purpose of this post is to say hello to the blog world and welcome to any friends and family that choose to read my blog going forward.

4 comments:
Wow . . . I can't believe this . . . all the changes . . . I don't even know you any more!
yay for steph. it's okay. i only have cute kids to blog about... i'm not crafty, don't have a cute house or any of the other crap. enjoy a blogging life! we expect posts often!
Yeah Stephanie! It was great to see you joined the ranks of blogger. I will keep tabs on you too now!
Stepanie blogging! This could be interesting... Less pictures with you that's for sure! =)
Post a Comment