Thursday, March 11, 2010

Souviner

Who knew . . . health care makes me ill?

In the last year and a half I have had a list of minor incidents requiring medical attention. And every time something happens causing me to see a doctor I get an ill feeling in my stomach. I hate seeing doctors. Why? It's not the awkward conversation, fearing a bad diagnosis , the needles, the paper gowns that I hate. I hate their bills that come in the mail later. Thankfully I have medical insurance but still I hate the bills, the statements, the FSA claims and on and on. It gives me a head ache.

And now I can add ER visits to doctor visits. As you dedicated and loyal readers already know I recently dislocated my finger. Here is proof below. And after seeing this x-ray and just guessing what this will cost me I went back to the hospital to track down a copy because I wanted a little souvenir in exchange for what I am going to pay.

At my follow up appointment yesterday the doctor told me my knuckle would be sore and stiff and swollen for weeks if not months. I looked at my hand then looked at him and said "so you are telling me my career as a hand model is over?" I guess I didn't say it with enough sarcasm because he looked at me and said "Are you really a hand model?". To which I replied "Not any more thanks to this." He just looked at me. Yea, he didn't quite my joke.


4 comments:

Bart and Krista said...

Wow! That x-ray is pretty cool! Hope you finger heals quickly!

House of Smiths said...

HA! That's great.
Not the poor finger, but the convo.
Hope you heal quickly!
Shelley

malia said...

hahaha :) you crack me up. speedy healing!

Nola said...

It doesn't surprise me that you said that to the doctor. How funny!

 
Web Statistics