Who knew . . . confetti was so powerful?

(My coworkers from left to right, Brian, Mike, Tom, Me)
This year I spent Thanksgiving morning not watching the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade but clowning around in the parade. I woke up really early, headed down to a hotel near Macy's where I was "suited" up and had my clown make up done. Then we were bussed back to the start of the parade on 81st and Central Park West. We waited around as everyone took their places. Then before we knew it our clown group was filed in behind the Big Apple float with Ashanti riding on the front. We were a part of the parade.
There were people EVERYWHERE. The sidelines were packed with people of all ages sometimes 10 rows deep. People were standing on ladders, sitting on top of trucks, perched in trees, leaning out of windows, peering from the top of buildings. Everyone, especially kids were shouting for confetti. They loved the clowns because we had bags full of confetti and at any moment would dump hands full of confetti into the crowd. The streets and curbs were covered in small colorful pieces of paper.
It was a surreal experience to walk down the center of normally packed busy streets to realize we were part of the largest parade in the country. I hope to have the same opportunity next year and I hope the weather is just as nice as it was this year.
Happy Thanksgiving!
( I must have said that over a 1,000 times during the parade)
4 comments:
Who knew... your old Ricks College friend would find your blog. You're living in my home state and near my home town. I very much wish I were there also. How are you? I got a sneak peak of your life from a portion of your blog, but really I don't know what happen the other 7 or 8 years... fill me in sometime... if you have time... and give NYC a big hug for me:)
Christine Petersen
PS - you still look as beautiful as ever, I especially love the Thanksgiving Day extravaganza. Happy and Cheerful Stephanie:)
Who knew..you would look so cute as a fat green clown.
Loved the update.
Wow Steph you are the best looking clown ever! Your costume is hilarious!
Post a Comment