Saturday, January 24, 2009

Defrosting

Who knew . . . a trip to sunny Arizona in the middle of a freezing cold NYC winter was a great idea?

I decided to take the long weekend in January and make it even longer by taking an extra day off of work.  I left New York early in the early morning when the temperature high that day was expected to be around 11 degrees and the windchill that morning made it feel even colder.  I bundled up, braved the cold and made it to the airport.  After a nice relaxing flight (I was flying with US Airways so I was relieved there were no ducks, no water landings, no ferry rides back to shore) I landed in warm and sunny Phoenix where I quickly shed the wool coat, scarf, gloves, hat, and extra sweater.  I felt like I walked out of winter and into late spring.  It was sooooo nice.

I spent the weekend playing and relaxing with my cousin Kim and her husband Bud and visited Brady and Lance and Lance's wife Ruth.  My trip was a perfect blend of fun and relaxation: hiking, golfing, delicious food, softball spectating, church, and a lot of time catching up.

Let's just say my return to work on Tuesday was not as warm, relaxing or as enjoyable as my weekend in Arizona.

Kim and me on our hike (yes the sky was really that blue!)

I still have a hard time believing cacti like this one really do exist.  
It looks like one you would see in the movies!



5 comments:

Tiffany said...

uhhh, you came to phoenix and didn't call me???? what's up with that????

Anonymous said...

looking good next to the cactus. wanna join me in a few weeks. i am headed home..

The Siple Family said...

I wish I could go and defrost some where warm! Looks like you had fun.

monica said...

where are the pictures of brady, lance and his wife? hmmm?
so glad you too a long weekend, was it all worth it?

Esther said...

I knew.

 
Web Statistics